International Graduate Diploma in Business and Humanities
Designed to help prepare you for studying at UEL’s Royal Docks Business School, this one year programme is the first step to gaining your Master’s at the University.
Throughout the programme you will better your English language skills by learning specialist academic language related to your programme and strengthen your skills in the following areas:
- Business Language
- Academic Writing
- Critical Thinking
- Academic Research
- Presentation Skills
- Poster Presentations
Our supportive teachers will work with you to help you to reach your full potential. During your studies, you will learn by attending a range of dynamic lessons which are designed to build your confidence including discussions, presentations, lectures, small group tutorials and personal tutor sessions.
UEL knows that academic success is not enough in the changing world of business, and that to become a leader, you will also need good emotional intelligence, reasoning, stress management and adaptability. All these topics will be covered as part of the Mental Wealth module.
On this programme you will study a range of core modules which include:
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Research and Study Skills
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics
- International Relations
- Mental Weath: Global Enterprise and Consultancy Practice
You will also choose one more module depending on whether or not you wish to study Business or Humanities.
Business Stream Module:
- The Future of Business and Management
Humanities Stream Module:
- Social and Cultural Studies
Following successful completion of this programme you will be able to progress to Postgraduate Programmes including:
- International Relations
- LLM Transitional Justice and Conflict
- MA Social Work
- MA Refugee Studies
Key Facts for International Graduate Diploma in Business and Humanities
|Start dates:||September 2023, January 2024|
|Visa type:||Combined Visa (International Graduate Diploma + Master’s)|
|Cost:||£14,760 (Pricing is indicative, and there might be an incremental rise for 2023 – 2024)|
|Progression to the following degrees:||Allows progression routes to all postgraduate Business & Humanities programmes including:
Minimum English Language Level:
Academic IELTS 5.5 overall (and no subtest below 5.5) or equivalent
Academic Entry Requirements:
- A pass in an undergraduate degree or a Diploma (3 – 5 years) with suitable grades or equivalent.
- Successful completion of higher/advanced diploma in a related subject area
- All students must have studies in the relevant field to continue in those degrees
- Each applicant will be considered individually and assessed on their ability to succeed at this level.
- Integrated CAS programme (Level 7 CAS) for Visa purposes.
- Accredited by the University of East London
Minimum Age Requirement:
18 years of age.
Contact your Educational Counsellor for more details.