International Foundation Year
Preparing you for your university degree with a tailored programme, designed to support your learning by easing you into university-style teaching. Learn with confidence through subject-based modules and interactive language classes designed to strengthen your academic language skills.
The International Foundation Year allows you to study core modules (common across all our International Foundation Year Programmes), and then tailor your learning by taking progression degree-related streams
Core modules you will study include:
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Research and Study Skills
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life
In addition to the Core modules, you will choose one of the following specialist streams:
Gain the foundation that you need to study the RIBA Accredited BSc (Hons) Architecture.
Study the following modules:
- Introduction to Architecture
- Art and Design Workshop
- Design Project
Develop key innovative thinking and leadership skills on this stream. This specialism leads to progression degrees at UEL’s Business School.
- Introduction to Business Environment
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Marketing
Humanities & Social Science
As part of this stream, you will choose two from the modules below:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Art & Design Portfolio
Engineering, Computing and Science
Designed to challenge you to think about the world around you differently. Technology is key to all aspects of our society, so why not take the first steps to harnessing it with this IFY stream. Leading to a wide range of degree programmes from Bioscience to Mechanical Engineering .
- Introduction to Computing
- Mathematical Applications
- Physical Science
Key Facts for International Foundation Year
Minimum English Language Level:
UKVI IELTS 4.5 overall (with no subtest below 4.0).
Academic Entry Requirements:
- Academic Entry Requirements: GCSE/IGCSE with minimum grades of 44444 (or equivalent).
- Each application will be considered individually and assessed on their ability to succeed on the International Foundation Year.
Health & Bioscience Entry Requirements for IFY: For country-specific entry requirements click here.
- International Foundation Year qualification level: RQF Level 3
- Accredited by the University of East London
Minimum Age Requirement:
September Start: 16 years of age. All students must turn 17 years of age by 31 December 2023.
January Start: All students must be 17 years of age.
Contact your Educational Counsellor for more details.