International Year One
As part of the International Year One, you will study in university-style classes and learn with a combination of classroom teaching, small group tuition, personal tutorial sessions with lecture-style classes. This programme is designed to significantly improve your academic language skills including critical thinking and academic writing, whilst allowing you the additional classroom support you need from our qualified teachers.
Learning in our International Study Centre you will have access to the University of East London’s fully equipped library and online resources will fully immerse you in the on-campus student study experience.
As part of this programme you will take a combination of core modules (common across all International Year One streams) and specialist modules that are specific to the stream you select.
The core modules (common across all streams) you will study are:
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Research and Study Skills
International Year One in Business
- Mental Wealth: Digital Literacy
- People and the Organisation
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Fundamentals of Business Accounting
- Research for Business Marketing
International Year One in Engineering
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life
- Learning Engineering: Materials
- Learning Engineering: Mechanics
- Learning Engineering: The Built Environment
International Year One Hospitality Management
- Mental Wealth 1: The Hospitality Professional
- Understanding Tourism, Hospitality and Events: Past, Present and Future
- Marketing of Services and Experiences
- Hospitality and Tourism Business Environment
- Hospitality Management: People and Organisation
International Year One Computer Science
- Mental Wealth 1: The IT Professional
- Learning Software Development
- Introduction to Computer Systems and Networks
- Modelling and Designing Information System
- Fundamentals of Web-Technologies
Key Facts for International Year One
|Start dates:||January 2022|
|Visa type:||Combined Visa (International Year One + Degree Programme) (3 years total)|
|Scholarships Available:||Up to £2,000|
|Progression to the following degrees:||Upon successful completion of the programme, students may progress to the following programmes:
Minimum English Language Level:
Academic IELTS 5.5 overall (and no subtest below 5.5) or equivalent
Academic Entry Requirements:
Completion of 3 x A Levels (or equivalent) or have completed a recognised foundation programme or first year of an overseas degree with good grades (or equivalent).
Each application will be considered individually and assessed on their ability to succeed on the International Foundation Year.
Certificate of Higher Education (FHEQ Level 4) or equivalent.
Accredited by the University of East London