International Year One
What you’ll learn
As part of the International Year One, you will study in university-style classes and learn with a combination of classroom teaching, small group tuition, personal tutorial sessions with lecture-style classes. This programme is designed to significantly improve your academic language skills including critical thinking and academic writing, whilst allowing you the additional classroom support you need from our qualified teachers.
Learning in our International Study Centre you will have access to the University of East London’s fully equipped library and online resources will fully immerse you in the on-campus student study experience.
As part of this programme you will take a combination of core modules (common across all International Year One streams) and specialist modules that are specific to the stream you select.
The core module (common across all streams) you will study is:
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
International Year One in Engineering
- Mental Wealth: Professional Life
- Learning Engineering: Materials
- Learning Engineering: Mechanics
- Learning Engineering: The Built Environment
- Research & Study Skills
International Year One in Business
- Mental Wealth: Digital Literacy
- Research for Business Marketing
- People and the Organisation
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Fundamentals of Business Accounting
International Year One in Computer Science
- Mental Wealth: The IT Professional
- Learning Software Development
- Introduction to Computer Systems and Networks
- Modelling and Designing Information System
- Fundamentals of Web-Technologies
International Year One in Hospitality Management
- Mental Wealth: The Hospitality Professional
- Understanding Tourism, Hospitality and Events: Past, Present and Future
- Marketing of Services and Experiences
- Hospitality and Tourism Business Management
- Hospitality Management: People and Organisation
Key Facts for International Year One
|Start dates:||September 2023, January 2024|
|Visa type:||Combined Visa (International Year One + Degree Programme)|
|Cost:||£13,740 (Pricing is indicative, and there might be an incremental rise for 2023 – 2024)|
|Progression to the following degrees:||Upon successful completion of the programme, students may progress to the following programmes:
Minimum English Language Level:
Academic IELTS 5.5 overall (and no subtest below 5.5) or equivalent
Academic Entry Requirements:
- Completion of 3 x A Levels (or equivalent) or to have completed a recognised foundation programme or first year of an overseas degree with good grades (or equivalent).
- Each application will be considered individually and assessed on their ability to succeed on the International Foundation Year.
- Integrated CAS programme (Level 6 CAS) for Visa purposes
- Accredited by the University of East London
Minimum Age Requirement:
Contact your Educational Counsellor for more details.