Knowing what to expect when you begin your postgraduate study at UEL is the first step to success. Our Pre-Master’s Programme is designed to prepare you for your studies by allowing you to practice your academic skills in a supportive environment.
Though you have experience of studying at Undergraduate Level in another country, the expectations of Postgraduate Study can be very different in the UK from anything you have come across before. Through interactive classes and university-style research sessions, by the time you finish this programme, you will have the fundamental skills you need to attain your best Master’s degree classification.
Our classes are designed to strengthen the following key academic skills required for postgraduate study:
- Academic Language
- Academic Writing
- Critical Thinking
- How to construct an academic argument
- Preparing a Literature Review
- Academic Presentation Skills
- Academic Poster Preparation
This programme is suitable for students studying at postgraduate level on a wide range of programmes across all colleges at the University of East London.
On this programme you will study the following modules:
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Research and Study Skills
- Mental Wealth: Global Enterprise and Consultancy Practice
Key Facts for Pre-Master’s Programme
|Start dates:||January 2024, April/May 2024|
|Visa type:||Combined Visa (Pre-Master’s Programme + Master’s Degree)|
|Cost:||£9,450 (Pricing is indicative, and there might be an incremental rise for 2023 – 2024)|
|Progression to postgraduate degrees:||There is progression to all postgraduate taught programmes at UEL provided students meet all other prerequisite requirements.|
Minimum English Language Level:
Academic IELTS 5.5 overall (and no subtest below 5.5) or equivalent
Academic Entry Requirements:
- 3 Year degree in an area relevant to Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Each applicant will be considered individually and assessed on their ability to succeed at this level.
- Integrated CAS programme (Level 7 CAS) for Visa purposes.
- Accredited by the University of East London
Minimum Age Requirement:
18 years of age.
Contact your Educational Counsellor for more details.